Skip to main content

Connections Therapy is happy to announce we now offer Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy for children at our Idaho Falls clinic.

Does your child have any of these symptoms?

·        Enuresis (bedwetting)

·        Urinary incontinence during the day

·        Fecal incontinence

·        Leakage with sports, activity, coughing, sneezing, et. 

·        Frequent urination 

·        Urinary urgency 

·        Constipation

·        Pain with bowel movements 

·        Straining to empty bowel or bladder

·        Pain in the pelvic or abdominal area 

We can help.

Pediatric pelvic floor physical therapy focuses on pelvic conditions and symptoms for children from birth to 17 years. By the age of 4, 90% of children have gained control over their bowel and bladder and have very few accidents. For the remaining 10%, bowel and bladder issues can present many challenges for the child and the family. 

What is pelvic floor physical therapy?

The pelvic floor muscles are a group of muscles that lie at the base of the pelvis and are important muscles that provide support to our internal organs, core and provide assistance with normal bowel and bladder function. Like any other muscles in the body, the pelvic floor muscles can be weak, tight, irritated, have incoordination, or be in spasm. If these muscles are not working properly, they can cause bowel or bladder issues, or pain,  and cause larger systems in the body to not work optimally. 


At Connections, we have a physical therapist who specializes in helping children retrain their systems and muscles to work properly to restore order and function.

Our provider offering these services is Nancy Hernandez, PT, DPT. Nancy grew up in Idaho Falls and completed both her undergraduate and graduate studies at Idaho State University. Nancy is compassionate and understanding to families with children who struggle with pelvic floor issues and is excited to offer services that can make a difference in their lives.