Apraxia is a motor speech disorder that makes it hard to speak. If you have apraxia of speech, you will have problems saying sounds correctly. We have Speech-Language Pathologists who specialize in treating Apraxia.
What is Apraxia
- -Can cause you to say something different than what you mean.
- -You may even make up words.
- -You may say things that don’t make sense.
- -Trouble imitating sounds.
- You may know that what you say is wrong and try to fix it.
- Sometimes you will get it right, but sometimes you will still say something else.
- Damage to the parts of the brain that control how muscles move.
- Stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Brain tumors
- Brain diseases that worsen over time.